We are committed to the recruitment and ongoing development of disabled people, and we have gained recognition for this from the Employment Service by being successful in obtaining the Disability Symbol.
The Disability Symbol, commonly known as the Double Tick Symbol will appear on all our recruitment advertising, welcoming applications from people with disabilities.
We will also advertise the Disability Symbol on other relevant publications.
As part of our commitment, we will:
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential (minimum) criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
- Ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what we can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities at work.
- Make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment.
- Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make our commitments work.
- Review these commitments each year, review what has been achieved, and plan ways to improve and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.