Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families, as well as the local community.
It is how a company manages its core business to produce an overall positive impact on society.
CSR is not just about donating to good causes. It is about taking positive action to show an organisation has a responsible attitude to the people and environment in which it operates. It means businesses maximising the benefits of whatever they do within the community and minimising the negative aspects of their activities.
Our Board have agreed a strategic direction for our CSR. Our CSR will focus on “Helping People to Help Themselves”.
What does this mean for us?
- Providing sustainable homes to meet the needs of the local community (which includes new build and stock acquisition)
- Having a sustainable business plan which aims to help provide employment for local people including opportunities for work experience, training and apprenticeships
- Exploiting opportunities through procurement to secure benefits for the local community, using local businesses where possible
- Supporting and developing opportunities through our core business activities for tenants and leaseholders to further develop their life skills including readiness for work
- Support for charities either local or national, including community projects that involve tenants and leaseholders
- Encouraging volunteering within the local community to add capacity and share skills