- It’s simple and only takes a few minutes to set up. You can either complete and return a Direct Debit form and return that to us or phone 0121 717 1515 and we will send your details to your bank to set up.
- It’s convenient – choose to pay with an any day monthly Direct Debit or choose to pay weekly or fortnightly on a Friday.
- It’s secure – the Direct Debit guarantee protects all your payments.
- It’s efficient – the money we save can be put back in to improve services.
- Incentive scheme – when your Direct Debit is set up you will be entered into our free prize draw.
- When we receive your form, we’ll take your bank details and set up your Direct Debit. We’ll send you a confirmation letter that includes a copy of the Direct Debit guarantee.
We’ll also give you at least ten working days notice of the amounts that will be debited from your bank account. You should continue to make payments as shown on your rent statement until you receive the confirmation letter telling you that the Direct Debit is set up.
Your guarantee with Direct Debit
If you choose to pay by Direct Debit, all your payments are covered by this guarantee. This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits. The efficiency and security of the scheme is monitored and protected by your own bank or building society.
If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Solihull Community Housing will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Solihull Community Housing to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given you at the time of request.
If an error is made by Solihull Community Housing, or your bank or building society in the payment of your Direct Debit, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund that you are not entitled to, you must pay it back if Solihull Community Housing asks you to.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society.