There are a number of ways you can pay council tax including
- by direct debit or standing order
- by phone using debit or credit cards. Please phone the automated system on 0300 456 0502 (24 hours a day)
- over the internet (e-payments) using the Council’s secure internet payment facility at https://www.solihull.gov.uk/epay (24 hours a day*)
- in cash, by cheque, debit or credit card at our Chelmsley Wood area-housing office or Solihull Connect offices, at any Post Office using your rent card (swipe card) or Paypoint outlets
- using the One Bill scheme
- by having it deducted from your wages or salary if you are employed by Solihull Council or Solihull Community Housing
- by phoning us on 0121 717 1515 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
*please note this facility may occasionally be unavailable for the purposes of maintenance
If you are having difficulty paying your council tax
If you are having problems paying your council tax, please phone 0121 704 8100 immediately.
Claiming housing and council tax benefits
If you are on a low income you may be entitled to claim housing and council tax benefits to help you pay rent and council tax. The benefits are means-tested, so the amount of benefit you may be entitled to depends on your income and savings. If you receive income support or income-based job seekers’ allowance, you are entitled to claim housing and council tax benefits. For information on how to claim housing and council tax benefits please phone us on 0121 717 1515.