Our contractor, Wates Living Space, will carry out the envelope works from April 2017. They will upgrade the external and internal communal areas of 42 low rise buildings over the next year. Each building will take approximately nine weeks to complete.
We are completing works in the north of the borough for this financial year.
The work will include:
– New front and rear communal security doors, security fob door entry fob system and handsets to be fitted in all properties
– Removal of any asbestos and relevant control measures (if required)
– Upgrade of roof covering and insulation to communal flat roof (if required)
– Upgrade of communal ceiling tiles, including new lighting/emergency and external lighting
– Replacement or upgrade of individual front doors (where required)
– Redecoration of communal areas
– Removal of existing large slabs in communal hallway and replaced with block paving
– Build new structure of cupboard and frame under existing stairs to house all electrical wiring
– Removal or the cutting down of any shrubs/trees (where required)
– Relaying or replacement of external communal paving areas
– Fitting new key clamp handrails
– Repair or replacement of fencing(Where required)
– Replacement of shed doors with new frames and new felting to shed roof
– External repainting
– New signage
The properties included in the 2017/18 programme are found here.