The envelope scheme is a 10 year programme to upgrade the external and internal communal areas of low rise buildings.
The work will include:
– New front and rear communal security doors, security fob door entry fob system and handsets to be fitted in all properties
– Removal of any asbestos and relevant control measures (if required)
– Upgrade of roof covering and insulation to communal flat roof (if required)
– Upgrade of communal ceiling tiles, including new lighting/emergency and external lighting
– Replacement or upgrade of individual front doors (where required)
– Redecoration of communal areas
– Removal of existing large slabs in communal hallway and replaced with block paving
– Build new structure of cupboard and frame under existing stairs to house all electrical wiring
– Removal or the cutting down of any shrubs/trees (where required)
– Relaying or replacement of external communal paving areas
– Fitting new key clamp handrails
– Repair or replacement of fencing(Where required)
– Replacement of shed doors with new frames and new felting to shed roof
– External repainting
– New signage
if you have any questions about the work on your home call 0121 717 1515 and ask to speak to our Leaseholder Liaison Officer, Sarah Miles.
What area are you working on this year?
Between April 2017 and December 2017 we are completing works in Chelmsley Wood.
Who will be doing the work?
Wates Living Space.
How long does the work take to complete?
The work takes approximately 9 weeks.
Will the workmen need access to my home?
Yes they will – to fit the new video door entry handset and to check your front door to ensure it complies with fire regulations.