We have a duty to provide you and your household with temporary housing if:
- You have nowhere to stay while we are investigating the circumstances surrounding your homeless application and you are in priority need
- Or we have accepted that we have a duty to find you housing and you are waiting for us to offer you a property
- Temporary accommodation could include shared facilities like kitchens and bathrooms. It may be furnished, so you may need to put your belongings into storage. You may have to pay any costs associated with storing your belongings.
- You will have to pay towards the cost of providing temporary accommodation, but may be entitled to help with the cost if you are receiving benefits.
- You are at risk of loosing the temporary accommodation if you do not abide by the terms of the licence agreement and this may mean that you could be deemed intentionally homeless.