The service you can expect
- You will be seen by an Home Options Officer within 5 days of the initial telephone assessment being undertaken
- The Officer will manage your application and become your named point of contact for enquiries relating to your homeless application
- If you require additional support the Officer will make a referral to professional, relevant support agencies who may be able to help you.
- If we believe that you or a child in your household is at risk we are legally obliged to make a safe guarding referral, we will discuss this with you.
- We will try to reach a decision about your application within 56 working days but sometimes investigations are complicated and may take longer
- Due to the lack of council owned accommodation, if we accept that you are homeless, in priority need, have a local connection and are unintentionally homeless we may look to discharge our duty to you by way of an securing accommodation for you in the private rented sector.