Have you been awarded a Band B and are currently waiting for a move?
We often receive questions from our Band B customers asking how long they will be waiting to move home.
A Band B is awarded for a variety of reasons; these include but are not limited to:
- Urgent medical need to move
- Statutory homeless duty accepted
- Under occupying
- Subject to regeneration / clearance
- Families in need
- Children leaving Care
Although Band B customers have a higher priority over other customers, this does not necessarily mean Band B customers will be moved quickly.
Waiting times are based on banding, the length of time you have been awarded that banding, our available property stock and also location or property preference.
Here are some current statistics taken from our housing register in April 2021:
- 873 Customers currently awarded a Band B
- 300 Band B customers waiting for a 1 bed property
- 269 Band B customers waiting for a 2 bed property
- 206 Band B customers waiting for a 3 bed property
- 75 Band B customers waiting for a 4 bed property
- 16 Band B customers waiting for a 5 bed property
- 7 Band B customers waiting for a 6 bed property
Unfortunately, due to our limited housing stock and such a high number of Band B customers on our housing register, waiting times to move home will still be very long.
Currently, our estimated waiting times for applicants and transferring tenants awarded a Band B are:
- 1 Bed – 151 weeks
- 2 Bed – 132 weeks
- 3 Bed – 168 weeks
- 4 Bed – 173 weeks
- 5 Bed – 234 weeks
- 6 Bed – 175 weeks
To speed up your wait time we do advise you to consider all property types and locations. We also suggest the options of private renting or a mutual exchange.
Before contacting us for an update, please consider the above information.
As soon as we can, we will contact you when you are successful in bidding for a property.
All waiting times are correct as of April 2021.