Have you been awarded a Band A and are currently waiting for a move?
We often receive questions from our Band A customers asking how long they will be waiting to move home.
A Band A is awarded for a variety of reasons; these include but are not limited to:
- Exceptional medical need
- Acute overcrowding
- Hazardous accommodation
- Racial harassment/ hate crimes/ domestic violence
- Vulnerable persons/ witness protection tier 1
- Releasing two or more bedrooms in a house or ground-floor flat/ maisonette in Council or partner housing association properties in Solihull
- Foster carers
- Armed Forces
Although Band A customers have a higher priority over other customers, this does not necessarily mean Band A customers will be moved quickly.
Waiting times are based on banding, the length of time you have been awarded that banding, our available property stock and also location or property preference.
Here are some current statistics taken from our housing register in April 2021:
- 119 customers currently awarded a Band A
- 76 Band A customers are waiting for a 1 bed property
- 14 Band A customers are waiting for a 2 bed property
- 17 Band A customer are waiting for a 3 bed property
- 9 Band A customer are waiting for a 4 bed property
- 1 Band A customer are waiting for a 5 bed property
- 2 Band A customer are waiting for a 6 bed property
Unfortunately, due to our limited housing stock and high number of customers on our housing register, waiting times to move will still be very long.
Currently, our estimated waiting times for applicants and transferring tenants awarded a Band A are:
- 1 bed = 190 weeks
- 2 bed = 102 weeks
- 3 bed = 118 weeks
- 4 bed = 259 weeks
- 5 bed = 130 weeks
- 6 bed = 521 weeks
To speed up your wait time we do advise you to consider all property types and locations. We also suggest the options of private renting or a mutual exchange.
Before contacting us for an update, please consider all of the above information.
As soon as we can, we will contact you when you are successful in bidding for a property.
All waiting times are correct as of April 2021.