Did you know that if something changes with your current housing situation you need to let us know as soon as possible?
If you are shortlisted for a property, it is important that we have the correct information to make sure you are still eligible to go ahead with the offer.
Some examples of when you need to process a change of circumstances on your housing application are:
- Any confirmed pregnancy
- Any member of the family or any other person on the original application form who has now left the accommodation
- Any changes of names or address
- Any additions to the household (proof of residence and identification will be required)
- A change in status of accommodation (e. Notice to Quit)
- A change in an applicant’s medical situation
- A change in immigration status
It is also important that you update your contact details including phone numbers and email addresses. If you do not, it could mean you are overlooked for a possible offer of accommodation if we are unable to reach you.
To process a change of circumstance you will need to:
- Log in to your Solihull Home Options application using your pin number and date of birth
- Select ‘My Social Housing’ on the left hand side of the page
- Select the option ‘Click here to update your details’
- You will need to update the application with your new details
When you have done this, it will take you through your original 13-page housing application. Please make sure all of the information is correct before you submit the application.
You may find that some pages are correct and you do not need to update anything. If this is the case, please scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Next section’.
Please make sure you select ‘Submit application’ to confirm any changes otherwise we will not be notified.
Please note, you will not be able to see the changes you have made to your application. The changes will only appear once your application has been checked by the Tenancy Sustainment Team. If your banding changes following your updated circumstances, we will let you know in writing.