To rent or transfer to another Solihull council home, you must join our lettings scheme, Solihull Home Options (SHO).

Council tenants who want to move but who do not have a housing need will have the opportunity to transfer under certain circumstances.

A separate ‘T’ band applies for existing Council tenants not in housing need but who wish to transfer.

Council tenants who can demonstrate a good tenancy record will be allocated to Band T.

The number of allocations to households in Band T is reviewed annually. For 2019/20 this has been set for 1% for the total lettings of properties that become available.

Supported Living  – there are various schemes in Solihull that provide housing for those that needs support but want  to live independently

Each scheme has its own criteria

Saxon Court

There are other  schemes that are not run by us. They are run by different companies and usually have properties you can buy as well as rent.

For more information, please visit Solihull Home Options and the SMBC wesbite

Please read Solihull Council’s Allocations Policy.