January 7, 2021
This January, lots of us are thinking about what we can do for a boost.
For many, the past year has been hard. People are realising how precious their health is and recognising that it is time to get back on track and feel better in 2021.
If there’s something you’d like to change in your life right now, like losing a bit of weight, getting active, sleeping better or improving your mood, Better Health has lots of free easy ideas and support to help.
Whether it’s your first time making changes, or you are going again, getting started feels good! These steps can make us healthier and more able to fight diseases in 2021.
Here are some handy tools which may help you on your journey:
- NHS Weight Loss Plan App – can help you make healthier choices by providing healthy eating and physical activity advice in a magazine format. You are able to keep track of your calorie intake, portions of fruit and veg and physical activity levels. The app also teaches sustainable skills to prevent weight gain.
- BMI Calculator – is easy online calculator to check your body mass index.
- Easy Meals App – can help you stay on top of your calorie intake and find delicious and healthy meal ideas and recipes.
- Food Scanner App – will allow you to quickly find out how much sugar, saturated fat and salt is in your food and drink.
- Couch to 5K – is a running app for absolute beginners. It will help you gradually work up towards running 5k, or running for 30 minutes in just 9 weeks.
- Active 10 App – allows you to track and build up your daily walks, start with 10 minutes every day.
- NHS website – can you provide you with tips and advice about how to lose weight.