During this difficult time, we understand that some of you may start to feel vulnerable especially if you do not have support available. Because of the coronavirus it has been necessary to restrict or stop a number of support services you may currently receive. We understand that this may be disappointing and worrying for many of our residents. We want to offer support when and wherever we can, including:
- Regular website updates about support opportunities as and when they become available
- Providing contact details and referral details for support agencies
- Encouraging and supporting neighbours to look out for each other
- Working closely with community groups to support their work in your neighbourhood
- Ringing our more vulnerable residents to talk about how they are affected by the coronavirus and offering support if possible, such as regular phone calls
- Using our social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter to deliver updates, advice and guidance
We have made a new vulnerability hotline 0121 717 1599 and email address email@example.com. Please contact us if you are feeling vulnerable or are concerned about a neighbour.