If you are having problems paying your rent or mortgage and are at risk of losing your home, you should contact us as soon as possible. The sooner you request help the more positive the outcome could be.
If you are a Council tenant or leaseholder we can make a referral to our Money Advice Team who will look to carry out a full financial assessment. There are a range of different ways they can help you:
- Help you to maximize your income by ensuring you are in receipt of all the relevant benefits you are entitled to.
- Help you to apply for a discretionary housing payment to keep you in your home
- negotiate with priority creditors to arrange manageable payments
- negotiate with creditors to reduce non priority debt repayments
- assist with court forms to help you preserve your tenancy.
If you rent your home privately or own your own home and are experiencing financial difficulties, there are a range of ways you can obtain advice and assistance:
Online benefit calculator
Universal Credit and housing costs
Remember talk to us as soon as you are experiencing difficulties.