Please Note: We currently have some separate information specifically about the impact of Coronavirus on Domestic Abuse. You can view that here.
Historically people have understood domestic abuse to be a violent physical act, however domestic abuse can cover a range of different behaviours. If you are experiencing domestic abuse which can be any incident of controlling or coercive, threatening or violent behaviour you should contact us as soon as possible. There are a range of different ways we can help you and many different support services.
We recognise that it is very difficult to leave an abusive controlling partner who may have damaged your confidence; there are Organisations that can help you to make a positive step forward:
- BSWA – Solihull and Birmingham Women’s Aid
Offer support and guidance and confidential advice they have many ways to contact them:
Tel: 0808 800 0028
- Solihull North. Tuesdays and Friday, 10am – 4pm
- Solihull Town Centre. Wednesdays, 10am – 4pm
Please call above or 07891 492 327 for venue details.
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence
Free phone Helpline – 0808 2000 247
- The Police
If you are in immediate danger you should contact the Police on 999. The police are able to take a number of actions against perpetrators of domestic abuse including:
– Remove the perpetrator, place them on 28 day pre charge bail or charge and place on post charge bail.
– Enforce non-molestation orders and injunctions
– DVPN/DVPOs (Domestic Violence Protection Notices/ Orders). These notices advise the perpetrator of the intention to obtain an order from the Court excluding them from the property for a period of 28 days to give some respite to the applicant and enable a plan to be formed longer term.
The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (DVDS) is often called ‘Clare’s Law’ a. Clare’s Law gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them. Under Clare’s Law, a member of the public can also make enquiries into the partner of a close friend or family member. If you would like more information about the application process for obtaining information use
Call our Home Options Team on 0121 717 1515 selection Option 2 to talk to someone.