We are committed to tackling antisocial behaviour (ASB) swiftly, firmly and fairly. As one of the main partners in Solihull’s Community Safety Partnership we take a lead role in tackling all types of ASB, both in the public and private sector.
What is ASB?
The Antisocial Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 describe ASB as:
- Conduct that has caused, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to any person, or
- Conduct capable of causing nuisance or annoyance to a person in relation to that person’s occupation of residential premises, or
- Conduct capable of causing housing-related nuisance or annoyance to any person.
Examples of ASB include:
- Excessive noise
- Threatening behaviour or verbal abuse
- Criminal activity
- Assault or physical violence
- Hate crime including racist or homophobic abuse
- Fly tipping