We aim to provide warm, energy-efficient homes.
Often people use too much energy in their homes and some goes to waste. The more energy-efficient your home is the less energy you use and the lower your fuel bills will be.
The Central Midlands Energy Efficiency Advice Centre can give you free independent advice on how to save energy in your home. Call them on 0800 512 012.
Energy saving tips
There are a few things you can do to reduce the amount of energy you use. Try the following:
- Don't use large rings to heat small saucepans when cooking and keep the lid on the saucepan to speed up cooking time.
- Turning the central heating thermostat down by one degree could save you up to 10 per cent on your heating bill.
- Draw your curtains when it starts to go dark and reduce the amount of heat that will escape through windows.
- Use a shower instead of a having a bath as you can have three showers for what it would cost you to have one bath.
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs.
- When boiling a kettle, don't fill it with more water than you will use.
- Don't leave your television on standby, turn off the power.